[PD] Printing ALL help documentation

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jun 15 23:14:47 CEST 2006

Hallo,
glerm soares hat gesagt: // glerm soares wrote:

> I already started this in another thread, but i'll try to be more
> clear.
>
> I was thinking about a script that could take a pd patch window
> screenshots, without have to open pd.  With this, we could make
> automacally a pdf for example, with all graphic helps of pd
> externals, abstractions and native objects. I think it could help A
> lot with a wide vision of the actual state of development.  It could
> be possible do this without have to hack the code ( with some bash
> shell command or python script for example)?

I opened a feature request regarding this quite some time ago, it's
number  1062122 or at this URL (one line):
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1062122&group_id=55736&atid=478073

Here's the text:

[ 1062122 ] Let Pd print patches from command line

 I would like to see a "-print" option to the pd
 executable which will then print the patch names
 following it into somehow configurable postscript
 files. This would have several uses: Especially it
 would allow users to create "screenshots" of a lot of
 Pd patches in a simple and fast way - like in bash:

 $ for i in *.pd; do pd -print $i; done

 And it would make printing patches for books or
 articles much easier.

 Date Submitted:
 2004-11-07 14:40

Ciao