[PD] a little ot: creative commons

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jun 16 05:02:29 CEST 2006

- Pd from Miller is BSD licensed so you can do whatever you want with
it as long as you include the copyright statement.

- Pd-extended and almost everything in the pure-data CVS is GNU
GPL'ed.  That means you can do whatever you want with it as long as
you freely distribute the source to any changes that you make.

So either way, you would have no legal issues in your two examples.
You would only have legal issues if the company did not share its
changes of Pd-extended or other GPL'ed code.  They would be forced to
release the source just like Linksys was for their routers.

.hc