[PD] [PD-announce] [OT] more objects: passwd utils

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 16 11:45:14 CEST 2006

>> I invite you to come here and setup my system until  it works. I can't
>> afford to pay you, so I can offer that I host you and  cater for you.
>> Is this constructive enough?
>
> this is exatly what marc did for me. i will be always thankful to him
> because it changed how i think and what i do. now i have a low latency
> (very low) system for doing realtime audio and video and it's stable and
> free. it worth it.

oh, you mean that for your system to work you must have had a programmer
setting it up, since you couldn't do it yourself? that's exactly what I
mean that is the problem, thanks for agreeing with me. I think it's great
that you found a sollution. In my case (and many other ones) where I don't
know any programmer who has the time / will to come here and spend some
hours/days working on it, so I'll have to keep doing it slowly if I want
to set up that system.

It's great that people leave code and programs (some very good) for others
to use/adapt - but if they want it to be a real alternative they must
adapt themselves as well, and not consider the package finished when the
code works, but also devote some time to the documentation. Look at pd to
see it happening. I personally don't need pddp, but lots of people do, and
are really happy with it. Pd-affictionates will always work with pd, even
if it spits on their face. But other persons (I don't know if I should
call them "the normal user") that want to do similar things will give up
when they realise that the program wasn't ment for them (as I've seen it
happening at school).

Joao