[PD] [PD-announce] [OT] more objects: passwd utils

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Fri Jun 16 15:29:09 CEST 2006

João Miguel Pais wrote:

> oh, you mean that for your system to work you must have had a
> programmer  setting it up, since you couldn't do it yourself? that's
> exactly what I  mean that is the problem, thanks for agreeing with me. I
> think it's great  that you found a sollution. In my case (and many other
> ones) where I don't  know any programmer who has the time / will to come
> here and spend some  hours/days working on it, so I'll have to keep
> doing it slowly if I want  to set up that system.

I agree with you. You need money or knowledge. If you have money, you buy a
system which you can use. If you have knowledge, you build this system by
yourself. In your case, you want to use a cheap software (open source) and pay
somebody to fix it. This may be more expensive than byuing a closed software, to
which you are familiar.

> It's great that people leave code and programs (some very good) for
> others  to use/adapt - but if they want it to be a real alternative they
> must  adapt themselves as well, and not consider the package finished
> when the  code works, but also devote some time to the documentation.

This happens because people with knowledge (programmer) forget what they don't
know anymore :-( Some guys even forget that they were user once...

br, Piotr, still a user...

--
Piotr Majdak
Institut für Schallforschung