[PD] how to trigger bang's with a period less than 1 milisecond

sokratesla ugurguney at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 14:19:54 CEST 2006

 > I think osc~ will fold over correctly... however, to hear 150 Hz. you
> would have to tune it to 44250 Hz (or indeed 43950), not 22200 which folds
> over to a (still inaudible) 21900.
 > Miller

> think that when one plays a 22200 freq at 44.1kHz sample rate, you
> will hear it as 21900 rather than 150.  To reach 150, you have to go
> up higher to 43950 (= 44100-150).
> Chuck

 > That's because the example you give here isn't an example
> of the Nyquist theorem. The aliased frequencies 'fold back', rather than
> wrapping. It is like the Nyquist frequency is a mirror reflecting the
> signal's components back into the sub Nyquist range
 > Jamie

# Thank you very much! I forget that the problem of sampled discrete
signals is called "foldover", I thought that was "wrapping" like Jamie said.
Sorry to keep you busy with my ignorance. (But on the way of investigating
my problem, I learned much about controlling objects pricely.)

> I wonder, which other objects would also benefit from becoming
> "special" in the way, vline~ is special. A possible model could be
> t3-lib, but for example the t3_bang object already is there in the
> form of the normal bang message, when its origin is a clock-derived
> message (as sent by metro etc.). So we don't need a "special" bang
> object. t3_bpe is the same as vline~ basically, t3_sig~ too, t3_metro,
> t3_del and t3_timer are the same as metro, del and timer now.

 # Thank you for the info about t3-lib! [t3_metro] object is absolutely what
I need. It's period has not a minimum acceptable value like [metro]. Their
documentation is a bit awkward, but I figured out how to use it.

-ugur guney-