[PD] how to trigger bang's with a period less than 1 milisecond

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jun 17 23:33:30 CEST 2006

Hallo,

> On Jun 17, 2006, at 3:52 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >And of course another solution would be a clone of [metro] built using
> >[del] as in attached patches.
>
> How about making that a [metro] clone and adding it to abstractions/
> purepd?

Actually I think, [metro] should loose its 1 ms limit, then the
abstraction wouldn't be necessary (and it can block Pd quite easily
with very small delay times). IIRC Miller already hinted at the
possibility for making metro's limit smaller.

> Also, I think it would be clearer to use [delay] rather than [del],
> there's plenty of room in the patch, no abbreviations necessary.  I
> guess my DOS roots show, because I always think delete first when I
> see [del].

If it's in an abstraction, you won't see the [del] anyways. Smaller is
beautifuller. ;)

But maybe I'm too used to use the abbreviations for often used
objects. Reading [trigger anything anything] makes me as nervous as
reading [del] must make you. ;)

Ciao