[PD] [PD-announce] bassemu~: transistor bass emulation

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jun 18 19:15:59 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Christian Klippel hat gesagt: // Christian Klippel wrote:

> heres the first object from the jmax stuff i made, ported to pd.
>
> bassemu~ is a emulation of an analogue bass synth. it includes the obligatory
> filter, saw/rect/tri/sine waveform select, an extra hi-pass filter. you can
> also feed another signal to its left inlet, and filter that, either alone or
> mixed to the vco.
>
> also included is a small, messy gop abstraction to resemble a 16-step
> sequencer.
>
> you can find the source on http://home.mamalala.de/bassemu-0.2.tgz

Very fat! Lots of phun, too. ;)

However I couldn't load the external at first. The makefile creates a
bassemu.pd_linux instead of bassemu~.pd_linux which is easily fixed,
but even then, pd-0.40-0test01 as in CVS would load it and complained it
couldn't find bassemu_tilde_setup. I fixed that by renaming
bassemu_setup() to bassemu_tilde_setup().

The exact error was:

load_object: Symbol "bassemu_tilde_setup" not found
load_object: Symbol "setup_bassemu0x7e" not found
 bassemu~
 ... couldn't create

maybe it's specific to pd-0.40?

Another tiny thing: I think, the help file better would be called
bassemu~-help.pd

Anyway, Pd acid techno has a new king.

Ciao