[PD] 23bit t_float vs. 20bit display in Pd's integer representation

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jun 18 17:25:17 CEST 2006

First I off, I forgot one thing in my analysis of the bitness of Pd's
integers: the sign.  So its 20 bits, I forgot the bit for the sign
( -999999 to 999999).  So this leads me to the question which Matju
brought up: the internal representation (t_float) should be able to
store 23 bits of integer information.  Why does Pd only display up to
20bits on integer data?  If Pd displayed 7 digits plus sign, it would
cover the 23 bits...

publicity.          - Bill Moyers