[PD] how to trigger bang's with a period less than 1 milisecond

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Jun 18 21:13:26 CEST 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 14:57 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> > Actually I think, [metro] should loose its 1 ms limit, then the
> > abstraction wouldn't be necessary (and it can block Pd quite easily
> > with very small delay times). IIRC Miller already hinted at the
> > possibility for making metro's limit smaller.
>
> [metro] should be fixed, but I also think that since you already
> implemented a [metro] in Pd, it should be part of the purepd
> collection as part of the effort to implement as much of Pd in Pd as
> possible.

i'm just curious ... why would it make sense to have a metro granularity
smaller than the scheduler granularity of the operating system or the
granularity of the dsp blocksize?

cheers ... tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say
"I want to see the manager."
  William S. Burroughs