[PD] how to trigger bang's with a period less than 1 milisecond

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Mon Jun 19 09:45:19 CEST 2006

Am 19.06.2006 um 01:55 schrieb Tim Blechmann:

>>> sorry, but how can you generate messages, that are _not_ aligned
>>> to a 64
>>> sample grid ...
>>
>> Every "clock-delayed message" (metro, del, pipe, qlist, ...) is not
>> aligned to 64 samples, GUI generated messages like clicking on a
>> [bng]
>> are aligned.
>
> the clock callbacks are run between two audio blocks ...

we have todistinguish between logical time and real time. I must say
that i also didn't know that PDs logical times can have sub-ms
accuracy (maybe because i don't do techno music!) but i made a small
patch to be convinced (attached).
On the other hand it's clear that these sub-ms logical times can't
really make it over to the DSP side (since every DSP block is
processed as a whole) without using tricks (vline~)

greetings,
Thomas

Thomas Grill
http://grrrr.org