[PD] GEM: tassellation patterns and persistence of data?

alberto.zin at poste.it alberto.zin at poste.it
Mon Jun 19 16:28:01 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I have two questions/curiosities about GEM:

1) is it possible/technically feasible to make
tassellation patterns (regular
division of the plane, eg. like Escher works) in GEM ?
anybody did something similar ?

2) is it possible to have a (I don't know how to call
it) "persistence of vision" effect in GEM ? I mean,
suppose for example I want to use a "translateXYZ" for a
rectangle;
the effect I've in mind is something like a "trace" of the
movement on the screen with configurable persistence of
the trace.. I'm also thinking to oscilloscope-like effects
in GEM ...

Thanks in advance

Alberto Zin