[PD] a little ot: creative commons

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jun 20 12:04:03 CEST 2006

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> so can anybody tell me, which license my program has to be published under?
> i doubt that this has not been discussed to death at fsf.
> most likely the arguing will be about "intentioned use" and/or about 2
> licenses to be applied to the final program (depending on the produced
> binary).

Maybe this is a case of the "dual-license" thing that's becoming
popular for GPL software. If you distribute a binary of your little
program linked with the GPL-speakfree, then you little program has to
be *distributed* according to GPL as well. Linking that code with a
nonfree-speakfree would be forbidden.

However if someone wants to do so, he could ask you for permission to
do it, and if you agree, you could give him the license to link with
proprietary code as well, because you are the author of the little
program. You still cannot give a "closed license" to link with
GPL-speakfree, of course.

Ciao