[PD] comport and servos

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 20 22:36:20 CEST 2006

Martin Peach wrote:

> To control a servo, using 1200 baud, the numbers 0, 128, 192 and 224,
> 240 should position the servo roughly at 1/5 range steps. 240, 248,
> 252, 254 and 255 may be too short.

That should be 4800 baud for 9 bits of 1/4800 seconds giving 1.875ms for
the widest pulse. 4500 baud would give a 2ms pulse. Currently [comport]
doesn't accept arbitrary baud rates even though they should be possible
on modern hardware. I'll try it and see...
(Adding messages to control the RTS and DTR lines worked OK in linux,
but screws up data transmission, data is sent at unpredictable times.
Probably needs to be flushed. I still need to implement the Windows
version of this. )

Martin