[PD] no luck trying out pdp

yvan vander sanden yvan at youngmusic.org
Wed Jun 21 18:29:34 CEST 2006

Hi,

i tried to install pdp today, but have some problems with it. I use
fedora core 4 with pd from the planetccrma distribution.
Pd is at version 0.38.4
I downloaded pdp with
   darcs get --partial http://zwizwa.goto10.org/darcs/pdp-12
which should give me the latest version if i understand this correctly.
The build went good in the end  and everything is copied to standard
locations (/usr/local/lib/pd). (for people reading this later on in the
archive, you HAVE to install the gsl and gsl-devel packages, even if the
configure script tells you they are not needed)
But the pdp objects, although visible in the extras folder, cannot be
loaded in pd. Did i forget something? Should i add some library to the
pd command when i start it? There is nothing in the docs about other
steps before you can use the objects, so i am a bit at a loss here.
Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

regards,

yvan