[PD] ead~?

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Thu Jun 22 07:46:12 CEST 2006

Thanks all. I am really beginning to regret my penchant for the seductively
useful [ead~], but I'm sure the current situation will resolve nicely in time.

At the risk of being controvertial, there really are certain units that one
would consider ** absolutely essential ** that haven't found their way into
the intrinsic core of Pd, from the top of my head things like [adsr~], [ead~]
[inv] (simple reciprocal) come to mind. Of course I don't keep abreast of
dev at the cutting edge of Pd which is a fast moving, very active community,
so I am probably out of date and wrong on this.

>From a users perspective might I suggest a poll? Something like...

"Ten things I can't live without in Pd that are not in the core"

Vote your ten frequently used externals that reside in an supplementary
library and at the end approach the authors to ask if they can be folded
into the main build?

Just my loose change on the subject.
Best,
Andy