[PD] PDP: pdp_imgloader show image

mart martin at nadir.org
Wed Jun 21 19:21:42 CEST 2006

Hello all,

mabye this should be posted in a seperate PDP-list?

I want to load an image in PD and show it via pdp_sdl
(or maybe pdp_xv if I get it running over ssh -X)
I used the pdp_imgloader exmaple patch with success,
but there is one point which I am not sure about:

when there is a pdp_v4l object atached to the pdp_imgloader
the image gets displayed correctly...

but if I just connect pdp_imgloader to pdp_sdl
there is only a black screen.

is this object just for use in combination with an videostream?

shall I use Gem instead, although I need pdp for shape-tracking in this
patch anyway? (i think using gem and pdp together might introduce some
performance issues?)

thanks for your help
mart