[PD] a little [OT]: creative commons

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Jun 22 13:51:35 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 07:49:20PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jun 2006, Chris McCormick wrote:
> >Should I be 'totally free' to write software which slaughters and maims
> >innocent people?
>
> What about the manufacturing of kitchen knives which end up being used in
> some fatal family disputes?

I don't think kitchen knives are used in the warhead manufacturing
process.

This is pretty funny on the Pd list though, where the worst we can do is
give people sore eyes and ears. Maybe Miller needs to put a stop to all
the horrific discomfort the users of this software are causing and add to
the BSD license "Not for repressive noise music or tedious experimental
video use." After all, what we really need is more Fat Boy Slim. [1] ;)

> Freedom is the freedom of saying Georgie Boy is Right.
> If that is granted, all else follows. ;-)

"Free your mind, your ass will follow."
-- The Other George

Chris.

[1] <http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/pdf/cmj_26_4_13_0.pdf>