[PD] pd crashes when loading rradical example patches

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jun 23 00:33:22 CEST 2006

Hallo,
sokratesla hat gesagt: // sokratesla wrote:

> >If you create a prepend object, how many inlets does it have?
> # [prepend] have two inlets.

That's not the Cyclone-prepend, which only has one inlet.

> >To rule out other errors, you may also try, if you can create [pool]
> >properly, then also see, if you can create an [originator] object
> >without crashes
> # [pool] and [originator] objects has been created without crashes too.
>
> # I played with the help files. I run "memento-help.pd" and, there, if I
> change a parameter in commun-help or originator-help Pd had crashed.
>
> # by right-clicking and selecting help, different patches opened for
> [prepend] and [list prepend]
> # help-prepend.pd is in pd/doc/5.reference/iemlib (not in Cyclone) and there
> is an unloading object in that help patch [iem_prepend_kernel].

Well, I guess it's overdue to do finally get rid of [prepend] in all of
RRADical. Normally the crashes only come with the [prepend] of GGEE,
the iem-prepend works differently as expected by RRADical, but
normally it doesn't crash. You may want to check, if you have
more prepend.dll files somewhere.

To fix this issue quickly, you could also try to not load iemlib as a
library or load the Cyclone-library, if you have it, first. For that check
File->Startup for any occurences of IEMlib or ggee and put "-lib
cyclone" on top.

Ciao