[PD] libjack problems

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Jun 23 09:21:44 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 12:09:24AM -0700, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2006, at 11:47 PM, geiger wrote:
>
> >Official Debian/Ubuntu packages of pd-extended are very unlickely to
> >come from my side.
>
> If someone else did the work, would you be willing to accept it as
> the standard Debian packages?

I know this has been suggested before, but the Debian way to do it
would be to have puredata as a Debian package, as it is now, and sets of
externals as their own Debian packages, as is the case with pd-zexy (mad
props to G. Geiger!). So puredata-extended should not include puredata,
but only externals. This is probably even more work, and we'll see even
less hands going up to volunteer. I've tried to start doing it myself on
more than one occasion and was defeated pretty quickly. One thing that
is true of pd-extended is that it exists; most other similar efforts
are vapourware. Argh, confused flu-infused ramblings.

Best regards,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://mccormick.cx