[PD] pd crashes when loading rradical example patches

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jun 23 14:04:14 CEST 2006

Hallo,
geiger hat gesagt: // geiger wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > Well, I guess it's overdue to do finally get rid of [prepend] in all of
> > RRADical. Normally the crashes only come with the [prepend] of GGEE,
>
> .. which has been removed from the build system years ago. Remember that
> when this object was written there has been no other prepend around,
> and pd was in its early stages, so it is likely that the API changed or
> whatever.
> Anyhow, I will try to figure out if and why it is included in pd-extended.

Well, it might also be the cxc.prepend, that leads to crashes. It's
not your fault at all, but from the reports I got regarding RRADical
crashes, it's often a wrong [prepend] that's causing them, wherever
this comes from. Many people, me included, have old externals
somewhere in their Pd-path, so it's probably not a packaging problem
either.

I plan to remove [prepend] from the RRADical patches for quite a while
now. There is no need for a prepend external anymore anyways IMO,
except for things from the past.

Ciao