[PD] Re: BlueTooth CUI : using [comport] or [hid]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jun 23 23:03:16 CEST 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> As for the usage of CPU, because its a fast bitrate, it will always use
> a noticeable amount of CPU time.  Mouse data is another example of a
> high-speed data stream.

old mice ran at 1200 bps. PS/2 mice might run at 9600 bps, not sure. In
any case it doesn't get over 1 kilobyte/sec. Each packet is 3 or 5 bytes
depending on the protocol. I find it likely that most PS/2 mice use only a
small fraction of the bandwidth, but I haven't measured.

>  IIRC, a lot of mouse pointer processing is
> handled by the graphics card for this reason.

"Just" the display of a sprite such as an arrow. If you ever use a plain
VGA driver, you don't have this feature, so it has to be handled software.

What makes you think it's high speed? Or do you mean an example of
something that needs to have a low latency?