[PD] Re: [PD-dev] displaying when an arg has been overridden

Federico xaero at inwind.it
Sat Jun 24 15:15:37 CEST 2006

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
>
>> On Jun 23, 2006, at 2:48 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>>> I would prefer something like a tooltip. IIRC I never ran into the
>> Personally, I find tooltips far more distracting that just a tiny bit
>> of color on the screen.
>
> If the tooltips have a longer delay until they show up, may that's
> endurable?

I find tooltip a good solution, even becuse they are good to show many
informations (object current value, object debug, wire 'sniffing', inlet
names, and so on...).

About the wire-sniffer thing, I would like very much even an integrated
scope and spectrum. [As now I make them with two GOP abstractions]

However since these things may suck your cpu, I would vote for making
them enable/disable-able from the preferences.

--
Federico