[Pd] Complex audio signals

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jun 25 02:59:55 CEST 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

>> you want to hear a difference, use [-~] to take the difference between the
>> original signal and the one that's supposed to be identical. Then use [*~
>> 1000000]. You might be able to hear some noises.
> I tried that, couldn't hear it.

try [*~ 10000000] then? zoom into the sound until you can hear the
residue.

> The reconstructed signal seems to sound fine, even with 4 detuned
> oscillators far from block size, ignoring the actual values of the
> FFT.

This is because you play the reconstructed signal blocks exactly once
each. I was talking about the effect of looping one block over and over,
which is related to the fact that each block is treated as if it were
periodic (unless using a window filter)