[PD] converting decimal to binary

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 06:23:47 CEST 2006

It is an approximation, and gets closer and closer, and it works if
you start with ANY 2 positive numbers and make a Fibonacci-esque
series from them.  You could start with 2 and 417, then 419, 836,
1255, etc, and gradually the ratios of consecutive members of the
series start to approach the golden ratio.

The golden ratio is defined by
x=1/x + 1

when you take, for instance, 13/8, that is 1 + 5/8... or 21/13 is 1 +
8/13... 34/21 is 1 + 13/21, because of the way you obtain each number.
 Always 1 + the reciprocal of the previous ratio.  So you will never
quite reach the golden ratio, but you alternately go slightly higher
and slightly lower, getting gradually closer.

On 6/29/06, Federico <xaero at inwind.it> wrote:

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt