[Pd] splitting Pd on two processors

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jun 30 20:55:06 CEST 2006

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> we use such approaches for most of our CPU-hungry applications (like the
> CUBEmixer), although we don't use OSC but netsend/netreceive: less
> processing overhead involved at the cost of non-compatibility with other
> appications

Acutally I did this the other way around: I was forced to use OSC
instead of netsend because netsend stalled one of the two Pds running,
threw it off the jack graph and did other nasty things. So I just
packed FUDI into OSC and everything went fine from then on.

I am sending quite a lot of data over the net in this application
(msd-calculations triggered by a [gemhead])

Ciao