[PD] data-s: get + crash

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 2 11:22:56 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have a patch window where two data structure templates appear, f-teil
and set-tick (one to indicate some durations, and another with a grid for
seconds). I was using [get f-teil ....] to get parameters from f-teil, but
I noticed that it gets values from ALL data structure objects in the
window, including the ones from the set-tick template. It's weird, because
both templates have very different floats (1st has ~6, other only 3, all
names are different), but [get f-teil ...] always returns (very small)
values for the structures of the set-tick template that it queries.
I thought that [get f-teil ...] would only return values from the f-teil
structures. Or is it normal that it gets values from the whole window? Is
it possible to have several templates in one window, and query different
structures of the same template?

by the way, on ubuntu pd crashes each time that a patch involved with data
strucures is closed (provided that more than one patch with data-s is
open), or sometimes when a patch window is closed. Pd version
0.39-2extended-test3, ubuntu 5.10. Funny, that doesn't happen on windows
xp with the same pd version.

Joao

--
Lugostr. 14