[PD] GEM: video analysis

Florian Walter flo at earshot.de
Tue Jul 4 01:02:32 CEST 2006

Hallo,
I would like to do some video analysis to control the playback of
audio files. pix_movement and pix_blob work quite well, but now I
would like to go into details and have some questions:

- How can I apply a color filter to an image?
  I would like to distinguish the movement of different colors...

- Is there an object that returns the total brightness of an image? Or
  are there other possibilities to detect the "amount" of movment in
  a video?
  (I read about pix_mean_color in the archives but I can't find it in
  gem 0.90.1...)

- I would like to recognize whether big blocks of a single color or
  fine noise-like structures are moving. Downsamling might be a good
  solution to get away the fine structures and to reduce the number of
  pixels inside of a colored block that are not recognized as moving.
    pix_resize didn't change anything (are there any parameters I
  can pass to that object?) and needs lots of computing power...
  Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thank you for any ideas or suggestions!
I am doing my first steps with pd (and image processing), so probably
I have overlooked several things...

ciao, Florian