[Pd] Feature Request: trigger editing

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jul 4 01:17:31 CEST 2006

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> There also is a related issue: Currently it is not possible to change
> the in/outlet count through messages, AFAIK, which hits everyone
> developing with [pyext] a bit all the time. ;)

GridFlow will soon provide API functions for removing inlets/outlets (it
already allows adding inlets/outlets). This is because we have a project
in which Rightclick Properties is supposed to allow to select between
several variants of a class, which sometimes have differing numbers of
inlets/outlets.

I will also look into a way to refresh the display after a change of
inlets/outlets.

> But well, personally I must say I don't get hit by this problem as
> often as some years ago anymore, so it seems there must be some
> automatic workarounds in effect in my Thinking In Pd already...

"Thinking in Pd"? is that the title of your new book? =)

http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIPython

http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/