[PD] converting decimal to binary

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jul 4 04:21:45 CEST 2006

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> On 7/3/06, padawan12 <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk> wrote:
>> I forgot, what's the name for a curve that oscillates (asymptotically?)
>> around a value converging on it, in the purest mathspeak?
> Got me.  Curious if you find out.

I don't think that there's a name for such a sequence.

Even if every term is on the opposite side of the limit than the preceding
one, then I don't know any word for that. The corresponding series
would then have every term be of opposite sign than the previous one,
which is called an alternating series, but this would be only one kind
thereof, because there are alternating series that don't alternate
sides of the limit.