[Pd] Feature Request: trigger editing

matthew jones mj at isvr.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jul 4 13:18:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

>Doing what you want with [t] is best done using a specialized GUI for that
object class.

Maybe an easier way: Seeing as we can select cables (ok not multiple ones
yet...), and that hitting left and right arrows already works for moving
objects around, I was thinking a nice way to deal with the trigger issue
would be to select multiple cables, say all the cables coming out of the
trigger, and then hit left/right with the cursor near the trigger object in
order to shift the outlet they are attached to by one to left/right
respectively.

So if you had:

[t b a b a]
 |   |   |   |

to several objects and you wanted to insert an 'a' at the beginning of the
trigger object, so it was executed last, you could make the trigger object
first:

[t a b a b a]
 |   |   |   |

Then select all the cables and hit right once:

[t a b a b a]
    |   |   |   |

whoops I just realised this will look crap on most normal fonts. oh well.
So if you wanted to insert an 'a' in the middle, you could just select the
cables to the right of the insertion and hit right once!  easy??  any
thoughts?

I guess if the mouse cursor is nearer the destination objects when the
left/right is pressed it will shift the inlet numbers of these objects that
the cables are connected to.

Matt

http://www.loopit.org