[Pd] Feature Request: trigger editing

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 18:11:51 CEST 2006

I have no idea how easy implementation would be, but I think this
would be a great feature.  I guess pack would be the only object where
the inlets might need to change?  Maybe [expr].

On 7/4/06, matthew jones <mj at isvr.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >Doing what you want with [t] is best done using a specialized GUI for that
> object class.
>
> Maybe an easier way: Seeing as we can select cables (ok not multiple ones
> yet...), and that hitting left and right arrows already works for moving
> objects around, I was thinking a nice way to deal with the trigger issue
> would be to select multiple cables, say all the cables coming out of the
> trigger, and then hit left/right with the cursor near the trigger object in
> order to shift the outlet they are attached to by one to left/right
> respectively.
>
> So if you had:
>
> [t b a b a]
>  |   |   |   |

> to several objects and you wanted to insert an 'a' at the beginning of the
> trigger object, so it was executed last, you could make the trigger object
> first:
>
> [t a b a b a]
>  |   |   |   |

> Then select all the cables and hit right once:
>
> [t a b a b a]
>    |   |   |   |

> whoops I just realised this will look crap on most normal fonts. oh well.
> So if you wanted to insert an 'a' in the middle, you could just select the
> cables to the right of the insertion and hit right once!  easy??  any
> thoughts?
>
> I guess if the mouse cursor is nearer the destination objects when the
> left/right is pressed it will shift the inlet numbers of these objects that
> the cables are connected to.
>
> Matt

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt