[PD] abstractions which have their own memory

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jul 5 15:05:05 CEST 2006

padawan12 wrote:

> Arrays are not the best thing to use for data
> persistence. Messages constructed using "set"
> and then textfiles are preferable.

stupid me, but what makes arrays less good than "set" and textfiles?
i don't see a real difference between the two (well, you can save
non-numeric values in textfiles which you cannot do with arrays (at
least not with reasonable effort)
and raw "array-files" might be harder to read by a human than textfiles.
and you might need to put quite some logic into your loading abstraction
to distribute the data to various destinations (and vice-versa when it
comes to saving).

but generally there is no realy reason to make arrays less preferable to
textfiles.

mfga.drta
IOhannes