[PD] Interactive video coding recommendations?

I. E. Smith-Heisters public at 0x09.com
Wed Jul 5 17:22:36 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've been using P(i)D(i)P for a few years and really like what it
does. Recently, however, I've gotten very disenchanted with the whole
graphical dataflow programming thing, and have been replacing Pd with
SC and CM. The only thing I still use Pd for is PDP, and I was
wondering if someone on the list might have heard of a similarly
capable suite that has a textual interface.

I've looked around quite a bit, but haven't found anything. I tried
Lush, but it's really not intended for interactive coding; looked at
things like Fluxus, but they're really for 3D/OpenGL work; I looked at
Packet Forth, but couldn't figure out how to actually get started with
it--it looks like no one but the developers are using it.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for doing
convolution/morphology on pre-recorded video in a textual, interactive
environment? Given the availability of OpenGL packages, might someone
have recommendations for leveraging OpenGL to do this sort of work?

Thanks much, and sorry for the slightly OT, slightly anti-Pd nature of
this thread. I love Pd, really.

-Ian