[PD] abstractions which have their own memory

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jul 5 17:54:35 CEST 2006

patco wrote:

>   I hope I've demonstrated clearly enough how it might be important to have a memory inside an abstraction.

yeah, perfectly.

there are certainly situations where data ought to be stored in the
patch (after all, a patch IS both code and data; this is one of the core
differences between pd and max (although you can store data in max
patches too)).

i just wanted to keep anybody from thinking that [textfile] is only
available via external libraries and that it should be avoided in
general if you want to depend on as little external ressources as possible.

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes