Subject: [PD] Interactive video coding recommendations?

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Wed Jul 5 20:53:09 CEST 2006

On Wed Jul 05, 2006 at 02:47:09PM -0400, I. E. Smith-Heisters wrote:
> I didn't mention, but I have looked at Processing as well. AFAICT,
> there's little/no support for loading video files (there is for doing
> webcam capture via quicktime, but that's OS X/Windows only), and none
> for doing complex convolution/morphology on video streams. Also, the
> only times I've seen it used, it didn't seem to be an interactive
> programming environment, ie. livecoding. But I could be completely
> wrong--my acquaintance with it is quite cursory. Can you provide any
> further pointers to how awesome Processing is for processing raster
> video streams?

Pr0C3551NG is writtein JAVA. its mainly used to blit pixmaps onto a screen in algorithmic ways. i havent seen it do video. somehow i doubt its suited to that.

i'd dive in and check out Packet Forth, even if theres no docs. or maybe convince Aymeric to do some kind of workshop or documentation push on it.

why are you disillusioned with the graphical dataflow model anyways? you know you can do a lot of algorithmic patching with dyn(~), if you want to use PDP objects but dont want to click your arm off..