[PD] ssh - leaving pd running

I. E. Smith-Heisters public at 0x09.com
Thu Jul 6 16:00:33 CEST 2006

Not quite clear on your question, but I'll take a stab. If you run a
program in a terminal, it generally exits when the terminal exits
because it's "attached" to the terminal. If, however, you run a
command with an "&" suffixed, the process is detached from the
terminal process, and thus won't exit when the terminal exits. So, for
example, run something like this:

pd --no-gui --jack &

You'll notice then that once Pd has started running, you can get a
prompt back by pressing enter.

HTH,
Ian