[PD] ssh - leaving pd running

dafydd hughes dafydd at sideshowmedia.ca
Thu Jul 6 18:07:48 CEST 2006

Hey everybody

Thanks for your responses.  I've decided to try screen first, as it
seems simplest, and it seems to do what I need.

I'm encountering some difficulties, though...

>From an X11 on my laptop:
ssh -Y to the linux desktop

then:
xterm
screen
qjackctl &
pd &

ctl-a d disconnects fine - I can close the xterm window within the ssh
session.  However, pd stays active on the screen of my laptop.  I
can't log out from the session without first stopping pd, nor can I
exit X11 on the mac laptop without killing the programs I've started.

Am I missing something important here?

cheers
dafydd

www.sideshowmedia.ca