[PD] starting up comport on windows extended test release

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 6 18:46:36 CEST 2006

Nicholas Ward wrote:
> i sent this yesterday but i dont think it went, apologies if it did.
> anyway
>
> Hi,
> Im a bit stuck here
> On windows PD extended latest test release. If i create [comport 2 9600]
> it gives the error
>
> [comport] ** ERROR ** could not reset params to DCB of port 3

This message is emitted when comport tries to close a port and restore
its previous values. Is this the actual text? Why is it printing "port
3" and not "COM3"?

> [comport] invalid handle for COM

Probably the previous port doesn't exist. I wonder why it tries to close it.
> strangely hans's pduino patch opens fine and pulls in data.

It has no effect on the new port, it was only trying to restore the old
one to its original state.

> Has comport changed in the way its created or am i over looking
> something?
I recently updated comport in cvs. I don't know if that's the version
you're using. The new version has four outlets (for data, port number,
DSR state and CTS state).

Martin