[PD] gem hangs pd

patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 6 20:20:23 CEST 2006

Hello,

  I've encountered a similar problem with gem windows creation,
  With doing some researches I've discovered that it comes from ubuntu  xorg video driver that doesn't work for my chipset ( a KM880) in  accelerated mode, then openGL applications doesn't work.

  The driver for my graphic card isn't available indeed in ubuntu x86_64.

   The only solution for is about recompiling xorg drivers for my graphic card,
  but most of the libraries needed for doing this compilation are missing in ubuntu.

   One another solution is about returning to debian SID (kanotix) which makes my hardware acceleration working good.

  patco

threen <threen52 at ml1.net> a écrit :  hi list

when i try to create a gem window it hangs pd.
i tracked it with gdb:
Program received signal SIGHUP, Hangup.
[Switching to Thread -1479207232 (LWP 6312)]
0xa7e1a819 in poll () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6

Gem 0.90.0-18
pd  0.39.2-1
demudi 1.3.0
libc6 2.3.6-13