[PD] data-s with math inside (feature request?)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jul 9 11:09:59 CEST 2006

Hallo,
João Miguel Pais hat gesagt: // João Miguel Pais wrote:

> >I'm working on haveing data struture templates 'catch' changes in fields
> >so that they can react any way they want. It's hard to figure out how
> >to make this efficient.  The "0.40" pre-release has some of this now,
> >although
> >it isn't docvumented yet (messages appear on teh outlet of the 'struct'
> >object when something gets cselected or dragged with the mouse...)
>
> for the patch I am making (but I think it would be useful to all), it
> would be very nice if it could be detected when the value of a float is
> changed by click+dragging with the mouse. That means, not in edit mode.
> Would maybe a detector for the changes of values be possible?

I think this is exactly what Miller is implementing currently. I
didn't play yet with this part of 0.40, but you could give it a try
(beware of the [pd $num] bug in current cvs, though, I'm not sure if
this is fixed already)

> something nice, if possible, would be also a "click-detector", or a
> variable which would respond to when the user clicks on a struct, like a
> bang. again, these two objects would be not in edit mode. I think would be
> important, in case the patches would be handled only by "users", i.e., the
> persons that didn't programmed the patch.

Or if you use a data structure in GOP mode, where you cannot go to
edit mode for the structure subpatch anyway.

Ciao