[PD] Key-related audio glitch, OS X Intel

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jul 10 01:37:58 CEST 2006

Hi Hans,

Thanks for checking.  You pointed out an important thing I forgot to
factor out: my audio interface.  I was playing through the M-Audio Ozone
when the glitch occurred.  I think I had subconsciously ruled out the
Ozone because it performs so flawlessly on the Windows side of this
MacBook.  However, it does indeed seem to be M-Audio's relatively new
driver for Intel OS X that causes the trouble.

Using Macintel OS X's "built in" sound (PortAudio, i.e.), there is no
glitch.  Using Windows and Ozone, there is no glitch.  Using MacIntel
Ozone, the glitch is easy to reproduce.

PD seems to be in the clear, though, so sorry for the false alarm.  Time
to file a bug report over at M-Audio.

Phil