[PD] *** glibc detected *** ubuntu 6.06

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 10 22:28:00 CEST 2006

Hi list,

  I'm running Ubuntu 6.06 (dapper drake) on my acer laptop.

  I am using a lot of msgfile objects to organise a database, but when I run a sorting algorithm 3 times I get:
  *** glibc detected *** corrupted double-linked list: (memory address)

  which causes PD to hang forever.

  Is this a debian related problem? previous postings seem to suggest a problem with debian/unstable, i.e.http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-12/033889.html

  ...which would be a shame since ubuntu runs beautifully on my laptop!!!

  Best,
  Ed

  ps I found out what caused the message stack full problem. The wrong set command to a message box that then filled up with data.

->
->
-->
--->
----->
-------->

"Genius is attention to detail" Louis Pasteur