[PD] Re: Hid Error

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Jul 11 01:54:58 CEST 2006

We should keep this on the list since other people besides me can
answer this question, perhaps quicker too, and it might be of general
interest.

> On Jun 23, 2006, at 6:28 PM, Brutus Gates wrote:
> I get the following in my terminal window when I try to create a
> hid object in pd:
>
> /home/joe/hid-0.6/hid.pd_linux: /home/joe/hid-0.6/hid.pd_linux: ELF
> file data encoding not little-endian
>  hid
> ... couldn't create
>

> I copied those files the /extra.... what else should I do?

It sounds to me like you are running .pd_linux files that were
compiled for PowerPC on a x86.  Unfortunately, that won't work.
Where did you get the files?  I think you'll have the best luck using
the stuff included in Pd-extended, since that's what I maintain.
(the one on my Pd objects page is probably old).

The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.