[PD] fun with nqpoly4

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jul 12 10:40:38 CEST 2006

Hallo,
> Its great that its been improved, its such a handy object.  The funny
> thing is that pix abandoned it saying that it could not be improved
> without breaking backwards compatibility.  The thing that I am
> planning on adding is making it behave like a regular object so that
> you don't need to copy it to the same dir as your own objects.  I
> think it shouldn't be so hard to do with [getdir].  That seems to be
> the biggest problem with nqpoly4 for me.

Doesn't it work for every abstraction that is in your path for you? In
my tests, it did. I think it is a resonable restriction to let nqpoly4
only create objects that are known to Pd this way.

Another interesting change might be to make it work together with
[poly]'s way of voice allocation. Or maybe that's already possible? I
didn't check it out so far.

And are 4 arguments enough? It would be trivial to add more, in case
this is needed.

Then the second inlet of nqwrap4.pd actually isn't needed, one could
send a loadbang-message to the "pd-$0-poly"-receiver instead, but I
kept the inlet for backwards compatibility.

Ciao