[PD] getting the name/receive symbol of a patch/subpatch

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jul 12 20:00:40 CEST 2006

Does anyone know a way to get the name of a patch or subpatch from
within Pd?  Basically I want to dynamically get the name that you
would use like this:

[; pd-myobject.pd(

The actual filename would work too.  It seems to me that this should
be part of a standard, message-based querying mechanism which could
also be used for patch meta data like local namespace, current dir, etc.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the
problem.        - Eldridge Cleaver