[PD] getting the name/receive symbol of a patch/subpatch

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Jul 13 05:03:11 CEST 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 08:16:57PM +0100, Jamie Bullock wrote:

> I think all that it would take, is for PD to map a patch's unique ID to it's filename. Then you could do:
>
> [bang(
> |
> [f $0]
> |
> [makefilename pd-%d.pd]
> |
> |$1(

I think it would be really cool if this was possible. It would make it
much easier to make patches that store persistant data from all of their
abstractions as you could just pass $0 to abstractions as an argument.
Though come to think of it you could do this now by making a subpatch
called $0-datastore.

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx