[PD] 3d boolean in gem

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Jul 13 18:38:03 CEST 2006

heya,

On Jul 13, 2006, at 11:40 AM, Alexandre Quessy wrote:

> A good idea would be to make a library of Gem abstractions using
> openGL functions, dynamic objects creation and the [repeat] and
> [any] objects.
>
> Then, we could use lists of  3D vectors, do arithmetics on them,
> and render it at the end of the chain.
>
> Such a library could be named extensions/dyngems. Any people in the
> room wants to work on this ?

...I totally agree, to the point of already having started:  this was
the idea behind the "shapesynth" I presented at the first pd-conv 2k4:

http://puredata.org/community/projects/convention04/lectures/tk-tittle/

...since this was done before the new list features of pd 0.39+, it
needs to be updated (and I don't know how many times I've said I'd
commit it to the sf.net abstractions...)  Also, there was a bug with
the 3dmouse abstraction, where nothing would be displayed after
"start rendering" until there was a mouse click in the window...

...just a coupla days ago I started to merge the long dormant
vertex_array code that was started by cgc, and enhanced by
IOhannes' [vertex_tabread] comparatively recently...currently
extremely undocumented, but at least my effort's currently directed
there atm ;-)  I'll send an example patch later today:  got a few
meetings in a bit...

james