[PD] [PD-announce] getpatchname

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jul 14 00:56:00 CEST 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Mike Wozniewski wrote:

> I haven't read the full discussion, but I just wanted to check if you're
> aware of the [namecanvas] object?

I don't recall why Jamie wants to have a [getpatchname], but there are
possible uses of [getpatchname] which aren't doable by [namecanvas], and
vice-versa.

the receive-symbol for a given abstraction will contact all canvases of
instances of all abstractions while not allowing to contact a single
instance in particular, whereas [namecanvas] will only allow to contact
one instance.