[PD] Re: [PD-ot] OSC zeroconf/bonjour

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jul 14 04:26:50 CEST 2006

FYI: I think this is very much on-topic for Pd, so I switched it to
the Pd-list.

I started one a while back, but didn't get it working.  I was on Mac
OS X 10.2.8 then, and it got much easier on 10.3, but I haven't tried
since.  I am pretty sure that you'll need to use a thread to make it
work, but I'd like to see it implemented without threads if possible.

Want to try working together on it?  I would really like to see this
happen.  I think the object should be as generic as possible.  It
shouldn't be tied to OSC or anything else.  I think it would probably
make sense to start with the oscbonjour code, then take it from there.

.hc