[PD] fun with nqpoly4

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Jul 14 15:22:01 CEST 2006

On Jul 12, 2006, at 5:48 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, james tittle wrote:
>
>> ...oh no:  more naming to be done ;-)
>> On Jul 12, 2006, at 12:01 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> A better name would be good, perhaps something related to
>>> managing instances.  Perhaps [instances].
>> ...i like that, or [instancer]?
>
> [instantiator] is more like a word, i mean at least outside of
> Kentucky, though it's not in /usr/share/dict/* here...

...um, "more like a word"?  I think they're both equivalently made-
up:  If I wanted help move-ing, I would call a "mover", not a "move-
inator"...but then, that's one of those crazy things about english:
glop everything together, but try to only use what sounds good (ymmv)...

> Else, [attack_of_the_clones] would be a much american name, and one
> could imagine three sequels appropriately named:

...why would it be more american?  Did we invent cloning?  I thought
dolly was scottish...?

:-P

jamie